Thank you for participating in our OPS SPOTLIGHT feature. Just cut and paste the questions and send your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’ve included below a template that includes EIGHT questions. To allow for a little flexibility and ease of answering, we’d like for you to select FIVE of the questions (although if you’d like to do all seven, go for it!). Please answer the questions as succinctly as possible, however, please elaborate wherever you’d like to (if you’re passionate about a particular item, then by all means elaborate).
- What do the first two hours of your day look like?
- Name one go-to resource (or two or three) that helps you with your duties. (could be website, app, video, book, organization, etc.)
- If you could go back to your first day on the job and give yourself one piece of advice, what would it be?
- Name one new thing you want to accomplish within the next year?
- As you look at the athletic operations field, what is one area that is growing/changing the most?
- Best career or work advice you ever received?
- First event, person, or job that sparked your interest in this field of work.
- Tell us a story of the most unusual, craziest, or unexpected thing that has happened during your tenure in operations and how you handled it. Or perhaps this is another way of looking at it: What is the most creative or innovative thing you’ve had to do to address a specific incident or situation?
UPDATE: We’ve been asked by a couple of folks to perhaps add an opportunity to talk about something else they might be working on, so here’s a bonus questions that is entirely optional:
- talk about a project or effort you’re working on or a group or organization that you’re working with (either inside or outside of your operations function) that is near and dear to your heart.
For your productivity tips, websites, or apps, please include a link to a product page if possible.
We’d love to have two photos, if at all possible and/or convenient (don’t spend a lot of time trying to run these down). The first priority is a head shot. Secondly, a higher resolution landscape oriented photo would be great, but is not critical (something of you on the field, court, locker room, etc. would be nice). If you don’t have the second photo, we’ll just use the school logo.
Please include a link to your official bio on your school or organization’s website. If you don’t have a bio page, please include a few bullet points with some of the following:
- Work history (very high level)
- Current position
Please don’t feel any need to turn this around quickly. Return it at your convenience. Once I receive it, we will let you know when we will be publishing it on the website.
AND ONE MORE THING: If you can think of additional questions that we should be asking, please let us know!
Thank you very much for participating!